aka Trauma Tribulation 003
A 27 year-old male was involved in head on collision at high speed. He was GCS 8 at the scene.
A CT Head was performed:
List 5 abnormalities on the CT brain.
Answer and interpretation
1. depressed, comminuted fracture of the left temporal bone
2. fracture involving the left orbit
3. scalp haematoma overlying the fractured temporal bone (and you can even see a big laceration)
5. a small left sided acute subdural haemorrhage
6. a small left frontal intraparenchymal haemorrhage
Associate Professor Curtin Medical School, Curtin University. Emergency physician MA (Oxon) MBChB (Edin) FACEM FFSEM Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Passion for rugby; medical history; medical education; and asynchronous learning #FOAMed evangelist. Co-founder and CTO of Life in the Fast lane | Eponyms | Books | Twitter |