Social (digital) Media is expanding at an unerring rate, penetrating each and every darkened interstice with shafts of sharing light and goodwill…at least that’s how it seems.
I feel uplifted by the collaborative essence of digital media purveying altruistic ideals and radiating a positive energy throughout the medical community. Even Australia is beginning to embrace the social media revolution.
But is it Rock’n’Roll?
The massive popularity and eventual worldwide view of rock and roll gave it a widespread social impact. Far beyond simply a musical style, rock and roll influenced lifestyles, fashion, attitudes, and language.
Over the last month there has been an explosion in health related posts and presentations trying to determine the role that social and digital media will have in healthcare. Unlike the 50’s and 60’s when the adult population denounced Rock’n’Roll as the ‘work of the devil‘, this current social maelstrom appears to be being embraced more warmly by the current ‘older generation‘
Hospitals cracking down on Social Media in the workplace
Legal aspects of social media in the workplace
Options for Digital Social Media
Prioritize Your Social Media Efforts
- Online Social Networking Strategies, Techniques and Best Practice for Building Your Presence on the Web
Social media, who is using it?
- One in five Internet users are now on Twitter or another status update service
- Your Company May Own Your Tweets, Pokes, and YouTube Videos
- Six Social Media Trends for 2010
- How Gen-Y Start ups Use Social Media to Shatter the Status Quo
- Is scientific publishing about to be disrupted?
Social Media, embracing the opportunities
- Scientists are using social media tools
- NIH Funds a Social Network for Scientists
- Five Killer press Release Tips for Small Business
- Top 10 web trends for 2010
Should Social media be used?
- Social Media and the balance between work, personal and social lives
- Social Media Usage Policies: Less Lawyering, More Encouraging
Risks of social media
How to protect yourself from social media
- 5 Easy Steps to Stay Safe (and Private!) on Facebook
- 3 great social media policies to steal from
- Managing Social Media Risks
Keeping with the times