Oral Bascom Crawford Jr (1921 – 2008) was an American anesthesiologist.
- Born 3 July 1921 Brookfield, Missouri
- BS, University of Missouri
- MD, Louisiana State University
- Internship Kansas City General Hospital
- Clinical Associate Professor, University of Missouri School of Medicine
- 1964 – vice president of the American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Chairman, Department of Anesthesia, St. John’s Hospital, Springfield, Missouri
- Died 8 July 2008
Crawford Needle (1951)
A Quincke-type epidural needle with an extremely short, and a very blunt, bevel. The Caudal cannula with its cone point geometry according to Dr. Crawford has proven to be particularly suitable in paediatric puncture.
- Depth Stopper: Used to indicate a pre determined insertion depth.
- Depth Markings: 10mm needle markings for quick depth recognition.
Key Medical Attributions
the person behind the name
Associate Professor Curtin Medical School, Curtin University. Emergency physician MA (Oxon) MBChB (Edin) FACEM FFSEM Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Passion for rugby; medical history; medical education; and asynchronous learning #FOAMed evangelist. Co-founder and CTO of Life in the Fast lane | Eponyms | Books | Twitter |