Oral Bascom Crawford Jr (1921 – 2008) was an American anesthesiologist.
- Born 3 July 1921 Brookfield, Missouri
- BS, University of Missouri
- MD, Louisiana State University
- Internship Kansas City General Hospital
- Clinical Associate Professor, University of Missouri School of Medicine
- 1964 – vice president of the American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Chairman, Department of Anesthesia, St. John’s Hospital, Springfield, Missouri
- Died 8 July 2008
Crawford Needle (1951)
A Quincke-type epidural needle with an extremely short, and a very blunt, bevel. The Caudal cannula with its cone point geometry according to Dr. Crawford has proven to be particularly suitable in paediatric puncture.
- Depth Stopper: Used to indicate a pre determined insertion depth.
- Depth Markings: 10mm needle markings for quick depth recognition.
Key Medical Attributions
the person behind the name