The team at Medmastery are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website.
Over the next few weeks, we will be posting videos from the Pacemaker Essentials Course. Learn how to recognize failure to sense, its causes and how it is resolved (increasing sensitivity or lead re-site).
- Types of pacemakers
- Common pacemaker issues: Failure to capture
- Common pacemaker issues: Undersensing
- Common pacemaker issues: Oversensing
- Troubleshooting with vectors
- Course: Pacemaker Essentials
“I’m an International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) certified specialist in cardiac pacemakers and ICDs, and the chief cardiac physiologist in a pacemaker clinic that carries out over 4,000 pacemaker checks per year. My passion is education, and I created THE PAD website, a popular resource for cardiology information, and wrote the book Pacemakers Made Easy.”