Rytand murmur: Mid-late blowing diastolic murmur heard occasionally in patients with complete atrioventricular heart block. Best heard at the apex, and often confused with mitral stenosis.
Observations are reported on a blowing apical murmur related to auricular activity in nine elderly but ambulatory patients with varying degrees of auriculoventricular block.
…another murmur which may be heard at the cardiac apex during diastole in the absence of mitral stenosis.Rytand 1946
- David Abramson Rytand (1909–1991)
- La maladie de Rytand
- Rytand DA. An auricular diastolic murmur with heart block in elderly patients. American Heart Journal. 1946; 32: 579-598
- Paul MH, Rudolph AM, Nadas AS. Congenital complete atrioventricular block: problems of clinical assessment. Circulation. 1958 Aug;18(2):183-90.
- Jelveh M, Berger M, Goldberg E. The genesis of the diastolic murmur of complete heart block. Phono-echocardiographic observations. Circulation. 1978 Oct;58(4):747-50.
- Robbins A, Zhang G. Name that murmur. LITFL 2019
the names behind the name