Charles Thomas Stent (1807-1885) PROFESSION.
Key Medical Attributions
- Gillies HD. Plastic Surgery of the Face. London: Oxford University Press, 1920: 3-34 [page 10]
- Sterioff S. Etymology of the world “stent”. Mayo Clin Proc. 1997 Apr;72(4):377-9.
- Hedin M. The origin of the word Stent. Acta Radiol. 1997 Nov;38(6):937-9.
- Ring ME. How a dentist’s name became a synonym for a life-saving device: the story of Dr Charles Stent. J Hist Dent. 2001; 49: 77–80.
- Roguin A. Stent: The Man and Word Behind the Coronary Metal Prosthesis. Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2011;4:206–209
the person behind the name
Associate Professor Curtin Medical School, Curtin University. Emergency physician MA (Oxon) MBChB (Edin) FACEM FFSEM Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Passion for rugby; medical history; medical education; and asynchronous learning #FOAMed evangelist. Co-founder and CTO of Life in the Fast lane | Eponyms | Books | Twitter |