Demetrius Chilaiditi (1883-1975) was an Austrian born, Ottoman Radiologist of Greek descent.
Chilaiditi also published other works on the radiotherapy of malignant tumours; hypertrichosis; gynaecological diseases, and duodenal stenosis.
Eponymously affiliated with Chilaiditi sign and syndrome described in 1910
- Born 11 April 1883 Vienna, Austria
- 1908 Graduated in Medicine, University of Vienna
- Studied radiology III Medical University Clinic, Vienna and Zentral-Röntgeninstitut
- Set up private practice in Constantinople (Istanbul) one of the first members of the Turkish Radiological Society
- Died 2 January 1975 Istanbul
- Chilaiditi syndrome (1910; n=3)
- Chilaiditi D. Zur Frage der Hepatoptose und Ptose im Allgemeinen im Anschluss an Drei Fälle von Temporärer, Partieller Leberverlagerung. Fortschritte auf dem Gebiete der Röntgenstrahlen und der Nuklearmedizin. Ergänzungsband. 1910; 16:173-208
- Maizlin ZV, Cooperberg PL, Clement JJ, Vos PM, Coblentz CL. People behind exclusive eponyms of radiologic signs (part I). Can Assoc Radiol J. 2009 Oct;60(4):201-12. [PMID 19647394]
the person behind the name
BA MA (Oxon) MBChB (Edin) FACEM FFSEM. Associate Professor Curtin Medical School, Curtin University. Emergency physician, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Passion for rugby; medical history; medical education; and asynchronous learning #FOAMed evangelist. Co-founder and CTO of Life in the Fast lane | Eponyms | Books | Twitter |