Elizabeth Maplesden Ramsey (1906 – 1993) was an American physician, embryologist and placentologist.
Research into the embryo, implantation and placentation
- Born 17 February 1906 in New York City
- 1928 – Mills College, California
- 1932 – Graduated in medicine, Yale University
- Lecturer and associate pathologist, George Washington University
- Died 2 July 1993
Key Medical Contributions
- Ramsey EM. Circulation in the intervillous space of the primate placenta. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1962; 84: 1649-1663.
- Ramsey EM, Corner GW Jr, Donner MW. Serial and cineradioangiographic visualization of maternal circulation in the primate (hemochorial) placenta. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1963; 86: 213-225.
- Ramsey EM. The Placenta of Laboratory Animals and Man 1975
- Ramsey EM, Donner MW. Placental Vasculature and Circulation: Anatomy, Physiology, Radiology, Clinical Aspects. Atlas and Textbook. 1980
- Ramsey EM. The Placenta: Human and Animal, 1982.
- Baskett TF. Eponyms and Names in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 3e. 2019: 337-338
- Bibliography. Ramsey, Elizabeth Mapelsden. WorldCat Identities
the person behind the name