The team at Medmastery are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be posting videos from the Fluids and Electrolytes Masterclass.
In this video Joel Topf looks at how the treatment algorithms for uncompensated hyponatremia differ based on the severity of symptoms.
- Diuretic resistance
- Treatment of acute symptomatic hyponatremia
- Acetazolamide and potassium-sparing diuretics
- Polyuria, polydipsia and diabetes insipidus
- Potassium wasting nephropathy
- Course: Fluids and Electrolytes Masterclass
Clinical nephrologist from Detroit, Michigan. As @Kidney_Boy is the public face of nephrology on Twitter and Founder of NephMadness and NephJC. Passion for medical education teaching second-year medical students at Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine; and residents, med students, and fellows at St. John Providence Hospital and Medical Center