The team at Medmastery are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be posting videos from the Fluids and Electrolytes Masterclass.
In this video Joel Topf looks at how the treatment algorithms for uncompensated hyponatremia differ based on the severity of symptoms.
- Course: Fluids and Electrolytes Masterclass
- Diuretic resistance
- Treatment of acute symptomatic hyponatremia
- Acetazolamide and potassium-sparing diuretics
- Polyuria, polydipsia and diabetes insipidus
- Potassium wasting nephropathy