The team at Medmastery are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be posting videos from the Fluids and Electrolytes Masterclass.
In this video Joel Topf looks at acetazolamide and potassium-sparing diuretics; how to optimise your patients’ diuretic regimen; the advantages and disadvantages of each diuretic; and what to do when they don’t work.
- Course: Fluids and Electrolytes Masterclass
- Diuretic resistance
- Treatment of acute symptomatic hyponatremia
- Acetazolamide and potassium-sparing diuretics
- Polyuria, polydipsia and diabetes insipidus
- Potassium wasting nephropathy