The team at Medmastery are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be posting videos from the Fluids and Electrolytes Masterclass.
In this video Joel Topf looks at three types of potassium wasting nephropathies: Polyuria; distal RTA; and hypomagnesemia…and how each can lead to hypokalemia.
- Course: Fluids and Electrolytes Masterclass
- Diuretic resistance
- Treatment of acute symptomatic hyponatremia
- Acetazolamide and potassium-sparing diuretics
- Polyuria, polydipsia and diabetes insipidus
- Potassium wasting nephropathy