Sir Frank Wild Holdsworth (1904-1969) was an English Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Eponymously affiliated with the Holdsworth fracture
- Born 1904, Bradford
- Died 1969
Holdsworth fracture (1963)
Unstable fracture dislocation of the thoraco-lumbar junction of the spine
- Holdsworth FW. Fractures, dislocations, and fracture-dislocations of the spine. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1970 Dec;52(8):1534-51.
- Holdsworth FW. Dislocation and fracture-dislocation of the pelvis. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1948 Aug;30B(3):461-6
- Brand RA. Biographical Sketch: Frank Wild Holdsworth, FRCS (1904–1969). Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2012 Aug; 470(8): 2083–2084. [PMC3392394]
- Obituary: Sir Frank Wild Holdsworth 1904-1969. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1970 Feb;52(1):168-70. [PMID 4908146]
- In Memoriam: Sir Frank Holdsworth. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 1970 Feb; 46(2): 115–117. [PMC2387709]
- Biography: Sir Frank Wild Holdsworth. Plarr’s Lives of the Fellows Online. Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Mostofi SB. Who’s Who in Orthopedics. Springer; pp 145-147, 2005 edition
the person behind the name
Associate Professor Curtin Medical School, Curtin University. Emergency physician MA (Oxon) MBChB (Edin) FACEM FFSEM Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Passion for rugby; medical history; medical education; and asynchronous learning #FOAMed evangelist. Co-founder and CTO of Life in the Fast lane | Eponyms | Books | Twitter |