Francis Garrett Pipkin (1904-1981) was an American orthopedic surgeon
Kansas City based orthopedic surgeon. Eponymously affiliated with the Pipkin classification of femoral head fractures commonly associated with hip fracture-dislocations
- Born 22 Jun 1904 Kansas City, USA
- Medical graduate of Washington University, St. Louis
- Orthopedic surgeon in Kansas City at St. Joseph Hospital, Kansas City General Hospital, Baptist Memorial Hospital and Trinity Lutheran Hospital.
- Major in the Army Medical Corps during World War II
- 1947 – Founding member of Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons
- 1950 – President of Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons
- Died 14 August 1981
- Pipkin G. Treatment of grade IV fracture-dislocation of the hip. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1957 Oct;39-A(5):1027-42 [PMID 13475403]
- Pipkin G. Congenital dislocation of hips; home treatment. Mo Med. 1954 Jan;51(1):29-33. [PMID 13119647]
- Pipkin FG. Management of suppurative arthritis complicating artificial hips. Clin Orthop. 1955;6:126-40. [PMID 13270430]
- Pipkin USA – Dr F. Garret Pipkin Obituary. August 17 1981.
- NLMID 101426292. U.S. National Library of Medicine, 1951 [Pipkin Portrait]
the person behind the name