Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz (1821 – 1894) was a German physician and physicist.
Helmholtz was a pioneer in the scientific study of human vision and hearing. He revolutionized the field of ophthalmology with the invention of the ophthalmoscope in 1851
- Born 31 August 1821 Potsdam, Prussia
- Died 8 September 1894 Berlin, Germany
- Physics: Thesis on the ‘Law of Conservation of Energy’
- Helmholtz Association (Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren) – union of 18 scientific-technical and biological-medical research centers in Germany
- Young-Helmholtz three colour theory
- Helmholtz H. Über die Theorie der zusammengesetzten Farben.
Archiv für Anatomie, Physiologie und wissenschaftliche Medizin, 1850: 461-482. [Young-Helmholtz three colour theory]
- Any gossip
- Papers read to write PAGE
LITFL Related Links
the person behind the name
Associate Professor Curtin Medical School, Curtin University. Emergency physician MA (Oxon) MBChB (Edin) FACEM FFSEM Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Passion for rugby; medical history; medical education; and asynchronous learning #FOAMed evangelist. Co-founder and CTO of Life in the Fast lane | Eponyms | Books | Twitter |