Lung Ultrasound in COVID-19
Medical Education video on performing and interpreting lung ultrasound in suspected SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) patients
- When to perform lung ultrasound
- Optimising the image
- Lung ultrasound examination
- Understanding the findings
- Lung sliding, lung pulse
- Ultrasound and CT changes in COVID
- Example images
- COVID-19 Lung ultrasound report
- Infection control (Cleaning the Ultrasound Machine – see: WA DOH – Coronavirus Disease-19 (COVID-19) Infection Prevention and Control in the Hospital Setting)
- When is a COVID Cases not a COVID case?
Lung Ultrasound report COVID-19
** This video has been produced in good faith for medical educational purposes only – see Legal Disclaimer
An Emergency physician based in Perth, Western Australia. Professionally my passion lies in integrating advanced diagnostic and procedural ultrasound into clinical assessment and management of the undifferentiated patient. Sharing hard fought knowledge with innovative educational techniques to ensure knowledge translation and dissemination is my goal. Family, wild coastlines, native forests, and tinkering in the shed fills the rest of my contented time. | SonoCPD | Ultrasound library | Top 100 | @thesonocave |
Great job James. Keep up the great work!
Thanks for this really useful/practical introduction – doing a formal training session today and looking forward to putting training in to to practise. Stay safe and thanks again for taking the time to do this.