Congenital syndrome characterised by thrombocytopenia, purpura, haemolytic anaemia, hyaline thromboses, renal failure and neurological symptoms.
1925 – Moschcowitz suspected that a powerful agglutinative and hemolytic poison was responsible for this disease
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, Thrombotic thrombocytopaenic purpura
- Did they first describe or popularise or plagiarise?
- Moschcowitz E. Hyaline thrombosis of the terminal arterioles and capillaries. A hitherto undescribed disease. Proceedings of the New York Pathological Society, 1924; 24: 21-24
- Moschcowitz E. An acute febrile pleiochromic anemia with hyalinethrombosis of the terminal arterioles and capillaries: An undescribed disease. Archives of internal medicine 1925; 36(1): 89–93
- Marcus AJ. Moschcowitz Revisited. N Engl J Med. 1982 Dec 2;307(23):1447-8.
- Asada Y, Sumiyoshi A, Hayashi T, Suzumiya J, Kaketani K.Immunohistochemistry of vascular lesion in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, with special reference to factor VIII related antigen.Thromb Res 1985; 38: 469–79.
- Hosler GA, Cusumano AM, Hutchins GM. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and hemolytic uremic syndrome are distinctpathologic entities. A review of 56 autopsy cases. Arch Pathol LabMed 2003; 127: 834–9
- Lämmle B, Kremer Hovinga JA, Alberio L. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. J Thromb Haemost. 2005 Aug;3(8):1663-75.
- Nickson C. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. CCC
the names behind the name