Six phases of exam study
The 6 phases of Study…
You are listening to jazz.
- Your first day of exam study rocks.
- Textbooks are amazing – packed with knowledge, facts and insight
- This is going to be a breeze
You are listening to Pop Music.
- Still excited
- Like a kitten with it’s first ball of wool
- Books are brilliant!
You are listening to Heavy Metal
- Now we’re getting somewhere
- Information Rulz
- Throwing the horns at the devil
You are listening to Gangsta Rap
- Disjointed words juxtapose with the rhythm of learning
- You relentlessly chant the mantra of dogma
You are listening to Soul
- Gazing at the pixelated screen
- Bloated with information overload
- Burdened with unfettered access to the information mothership…detached from the world
- Words blur as sleep calls
You are listening to the voices in your head
- You have built a defensive wall of boxes around your desk
- Sudden movements stimulate a hyper-reflexic response
- All that has been read is now forgotten
- Blind panic consumes…
Associate Professor Curtin Medical School, Curtin University. Emergency physician MA (Oxon) MBChB (Edin) FACEM FFSEM Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Passion for rugby; medical history; medical education; and asynchronous learning #FOAMed evangelist. Co-founder and CTO of Life in the Fast lane | Eponyms | Books | Twitter |