Andranik Ovassapian (1936 – 2010) was an American anesthesiologist and expert on difficult airway management.
- Born 1936
- 1995 – Founded the Society for Airway Management
- Died 17 June 2010
Ovassapian Intubating Airway
Key Medical Attributions
- Ovassapian A et al. Difficult pediatric intubation–an indication for the fiberoptic bronchoscope. Anesthesiology. 1982; 56(5): 412-3.
- Ovassapian A, Dykes MH, Golmon ME. A training programme for fibreoptic nasotracheal intubation. Use of model and live patients. Anaesthesia. 1983; 38(8): 795-8.
- Ovassapian A. Fibreoptic bronchoscope and double-lumen tracheal tubes. Anaesthesia. 1983; 38(11): 1104
- Ovassapian A. Fiberoptic assisted airway management. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand Suppl. 1997;110:46-7.
- Hernandez MR, Klock PA Jr, Ovassapian A. Evolution of the extraglottic airway: a review of its history, applications, and practical tips for success. Anesth Analg. 2012; 114(2): 349-68
- Ovassapian Intubating Airway. Wood Library-Museum
- Andranik Ovassapian, anesthesiologist and expert on ‘difficult’ airways, 1936-2010. UChicago News. 2010
the person behind the name