Critical Care Nutrition: Are the Critically Ill Actually Hungry? with Paul Young
The delivery of nutrition to the critically ill is incredibly complex. There is little evidence that providing standard nutritional requirements of 25K/cal/Kg improves outcome. Foremost amongst this evidence is the TARGET trial, a large randomised controlled trial of 4000 patients in Intensive care
Paul Young is an Intensive Care Specialist at Wellington Hospital, New Zealand, and the Director of the Intensive Care Research Programme at the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand. He is the New Zealand regional representative on the Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Clinical Trials Group (ANZICS CTG).
- Paul Young on Twitter: @dogICUma
- Paul Young author on LITFL
- MIC podcast 42 with Andrew Davies
- JellyBean podcast 018 with Doug Lynch
- Wellington ICU website and on Twitter: @WellingtonICU
- TARGET study
- Tweetorial on the TARGET study by Paul Young
- Coda is a community tackling the most urgent healthcare challenges, that need action, now.
- The first event will be in Melbourne 28.10.19 – 02.10.19
- Join us