Arthur Bond Cecil (1885 – 1967) was an American surgeon and urologist.
He published numerous works on urological surgery, particularly in the repair of hypospadias.
- Born 8 May 1885, Millersville, Maryland, United States
- 1905 – B.S. degree from St. Johns College
- 1909 – MD, Honor graduate Johns Hopkins Medical School
- 1910 – Graduated from the U.S. Naval Medical School, became Lieutenant commander of the U.S. Navy Medical Reserve Corps
- 1912-13 – Resident urologist at Johns Hopkins Hospital
- 1913 – Moved to Los Angeles, and became attending urologist at Good Samaritan Hospital, LA
- 1932-36 – Chief secretary of urology at Los Angeles Country General Hospital
- 1932-36 – Professor of urology at the School of Medical Evangelists, LA
- Died 11 October 1967, Los Angeles, U.S.
- Cole-Cecil murmur (1908) – early diastolic murmur of aortic insufficiency radiating to the axilla
- Cecil operation (1946) – hypospadias repair. Penile skin is used for urethroplasty and the newly formed urethra is buried in the scrotum, to be released 6 months later.
- Cecil-Culp Operation (1966) – hypospadias repair. Modification of the Cecil operation for patients whose meatus lies on the penile shaft
- Cole R, Cecil AB. The Axillary Diastolic Murmur in Aortic Insufficiency. Johns Hopkins Hospital Bulletin. 1908; 19: 353-361
- Cecil AB. Repair of hypospadias and urethral fistula. J Urol. 1946 Aug;56(2):237-42.
- Cecil AB. Modern treatment of hypospadias. Transactions of the American Association of Genito-Urinary Surgeons. 1951;43:148-53.
- Cecil AB. Modera treatment of hypospadias. J Urol. 1952 Jun;67(6):1006-11.
- Cecil AB. Hypospadias and epispadias; diagnosis and treatment. Pediatr Clin North Am. 1955 Aug:711-28.
- Portrait. Arthur Bond Cecil, 1912. William Cecil of Prince George’s County, Maryland, and some of his descendants, 1665-1949
- Charnock DA. Arthur Bond Cecil. 1885-1967. Transactions of the American Association of Genito-Urinary Surgeons. 1968; 60: 3-4.
- Zhang G. Eponyms in Aortic Regurgitation. LITFL 2019
- Robbins A, Zhang G. Name that murmur. LITFL 2019
the person behind the name