Auguste Broca (1859 – 1924) was a French orthopaedic surgeon.
- Born 5 December 1859
- 1890 – Chirurgien des hôpitaux
- 1913 – French Faculty of Medicine
- Professor of operative surgery and topograplhical anatomy.
- 1919 – Chair of surgery of childreen and orthopaedics.
- Died 2 October 1924
- Broca A, Hartman H. Contribution à l’étude des luxations de l’épaule (luxations anciennes, luxations recidivantes). Bulletins de La Société Anatomique de Paris 5, serie IV, 312-336. June 1890.
- Broca A. Traité de thérapeutique infantile médico-chirurgicale. 1894
- Broca A. Traité de chirurgie cérébrale. 1896.
- Broca A. Les suppurations de l’apophyse mastoïde et leur traitement. [Mastoid abscesses and their treatment]. 1897. [Translated Curtis HJ]
- Broca A. The surgical anatomy and operative surgery of the middle ear. 1901. [Translated by Yearsley M]
- Broca A. Leçons cliniques de chirurgie infantile. 1905
- Broca A. Ligations and amputations. 1917. [Translated by Ward E]
- Broca A. The After-Effects of Wounds of the Bones and Joints. 1918 [Translated by Renfrew White JR] [Full Text]
- Broca A. Disabilities of the locomotor apparatus the result of war wounds. 1918. [Translated by Renfrew White JR]
- Broca A. Artificial limbs. 1918 [Translated by Elmslie RC]
- In Memoriam: Professor Auguste Broca. Br Med J. 1924 Nov 8; 2(3332): 879. [PMC2305285]
the person behind the name
Associate Professor Curtin Medical School, Curtin University. Emergency physician MA (Oxon) MBChB (Edin) FACEM FFSEM Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Passion for rugby; medical history; medical education; and asynchronous learning #FOAMed evangelist. Co-founder and CTO of Life in the Fast lane | Eponyms | Books | Twitter |