Video tutorials on Hand and Wrist Injuries
Hand Injury | Scaphoid Fractures
- Andy Neill. AFEM 019 | Hand: Scaphoid Fractures. Original article and links
- Oehmke MJ et al. The Blood Supply of the Scaphoid Bone. Journal of Hand Surgery (Europe). 2009; 34; 351
Note: Oehmke MJ et al have suggested that the blood supply to the scaphoid was more diffuse and complicated than traditionally taught. So the idea that the AVN all comes from disruption of the distal blood supply is likely a bit of a simplistic explanation.
Hand Injury | Scapholunate injuries
More detail on the wrist and in particular the Terry-Thomas sign and carpal instability. As always there’s much more going on in the x-ray than just the bones.
- Andy Neill. AFEM 018 | Hand: Scapholunate injuries. Original article and links
- Dixon A. Scapholunate dissociation. Radiopaedia
- Schubert R. Scapholunate dissociation. Radiopaedia
- Dixon A. Lunate dislocation. Radiopaedia
- Eponymictionary: Terry-Thomas Sign (1977)
- Terry-Thomas (born: Thomas Terry Hoar Stevens) (1911 – 1990)
Support more episodes and Donate to Emergency Medicine Ireland via PayPal
with Andy Neill