The next RAGE session is here! (we’re no longer numbering them as the low numbers are depressing…) – Crisis Resource Management (CRM) Brindley-style and dasSMACC reflections.
- Podcast | Play in new window
- Podcast | Download (Duration: 1:35:04 — 130.6MB)
- Subscribe| Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS
This RAGE Session is 95 min long and includes:
- Introduction and ‘What’s bubbling up?’ (starts 00:00 min) — head rotation for effective ventilation, The Procedures Course, FOAM social capital and wellness, Tips for New Doctors..
- ‘Optimizing Crisis Resource Management’ (starts 14.29 min) — an interview with Peter Brindley followed by thoughts from Karel Habig
- ‘dasSMACC reflections’ (starts 67.09 min)
- ‘A blast from the past’ by Karel Habig on ‘John Scott Haldane’ (starts 87:55 min)
- ‘Words of Wisdom’ from Peter Brindley (starts 92:36 min)
Show notes for this RAGE Session:
- ‘How to give an unforgettable talk’ (LITFL) – a story about Sir Giles Skey Brindley (…not a blood relative of Peter Brindley…)
What’s bubbling up?
- The Procedures Course
- Head Rotation for Mask Ventilation (Resus.ME)
- Everybody’s free – Top Tips for the Class of 2017 (St Emlyns)
- The Ties that Bind: Social Capital and the Psychology of FOAM by Mike Lauria (EMCrit)
Optimizing Crisis Resource Management
- ‘Optimizing Crisis Resource Management’ (free ebook from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada)
- ‘Crisis Management in Acute Care Settings: Human Factors and Team Psychology in a High-Stakes Environment‘ (3e 2016) by Michael St.Pierre, Gesine Hofinger, and Robert Simon
- ‘Thinking, Fast and Slow‘ by Daniel Kahneman
- ‘Streetlights and Shadows: Searching for the Keys to Adaptive Decision Making‘ by Gary Klein
- Talks by Pat Croskerry at SMACC Chicago (2015)
- Robin Dunbar (Wikipedia) and his books: ‘Grooming, Gossip, and the Evolution of Language‘ and ‘How Many Friends Does One Person Need? Dunbar’s Number and Other Evolutionary Quirks‘
Blast from the Past
- John Scott Haldane (Wikipedia)
- Goodman M. Suffer and Survive: Gas Attacks, Miners’ Canaries, Spacesuits, and the Bends : the Extreme Life of Dr. J.S. Haldane 2007
Words of Wisdom
“To be a better doctor, be a better human”Peter Brindley
Thanks again for listening to the RAGE!