Mette Warburg (1926 – 2015) was a Danish ophthalmologist.
Mette Warburg was born in Copenhagen in 1926 and qualified in medicine in 1952. Initially entering Pathology, she turned to Ophthalmology on account of the lack of career prospects in Pathology in Denmark.
Warburg developed a special interest in ophthalmology of the mentally retarded, both for the provision of visual aid services and in research, particularly the delineation of new genetic syndromes involving the eye in multiple handicapped children.
- Born 23 January 1926, Copenhagen
- 1952 – Graduated medicine, University of Copenhagen
- Centre for Handicapped Children, Division of Paediatric Ophthalmology and Handicaps, Gentofte, Denmark
- Died 11 March 2015
Walker-Warburg syndrome (1971)
- Andersen SR, Warburg M. Norrie’s disease: congenital bilateral pseudotumor of the retina with recessive X-chromosomal inheritance; preliminary report. Arch Ophthalmol. 1961;66:614-618.
- Warburg M. The heterogeneity of microphthalmia in the mentally retarded. Birth Defects Orig Artic Ser. 1971;7(3):136-154.
- Warburg M. Hydrocephaly, congenital retinal nonattachment, and congenital falciform fold. Am J Ophthalmol. 1978;85(1):88-94.
- Warburg M. Ocular malformations and lissencephaly. Eur J Pediatr. 1987;146(5):450-452
- Warburg M. If only you do it well. Autobiography. Ophthalmic Genetics. 1996;17(4):131-144.
- Mikkelsen M. Mette Warburg (1926 – 2015). Dansk Biografisk Leksikon.
- Bibliography. Warburg, Mette. WorldCat Identities
- Beighton P, Beighton G. Warburg, Mette. In: The Person Behind the Syndrome. Springer 1996: 186-187
- Traboulsi EI, Lorenz B. A tribute to Mette Warburg. Ophthalmic Genetics, 1996; 17(4): 123-125
- Harper P. Interview with Mette Warburg. 2004
the person behind the name