RAGE will be coming out hibernation post-SMACC and the first signs of reanimation come in the form of this ‘preSMACC miniRAGE‘ featuring Cliff, John and Karel.
Preview of what the RAGE gang are doing at SMACC Chicago 2015… Including “IT’S A KNOCKOUT”
The second part of the podcast is all substance, with discussions on:
- The GoodSAM App
- Oxygen therapy, specifically this trial led by Dion Stubbs and Steve Bernard from The Alfred: AVOID: Air Versus Oxygen in ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction and the trial by friend of RAGE, Paul Young titled HOT or NOT trial: HyperOxic Therapy OR NormOxic Therapy after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (HOT OR NOT): a randomised controlled feasibility trial.
- John discusses Helicopter Emergency Medical Services, including Survival benefit of a physician-staffed HEMS assistance for severely injured patients and Willingness to pay for lives saved by HEMS
- … and Cliff continues his intraosseous obsession with
- (1) Intraosseous infusion rates under high pressure: a cadaveric comparison of anatomic sites,
- (2) Intraosseous hypertonic saline: myonecrosis in swine,
- (3) Intraosseous hypertonic saline: safe in swine and
- (4) Discussion post about intraosseous hypertonic saline at Sydney HEMS
- Finally, listeners will find out why handstands are awesome: Handstands: a treatment for supraventricular tachycardia?, Impact of a modified Valsalva manoeuvre in the termination of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia and Handstands keep you awake.
Thanks again for listening to the RAGE!