The Psychology of Creativity – Phil Dobson
Creativity is a highly valued and sought after skill; we all need to solve problems, think in novel ways, and generate ideas, but can creativity be learned?
Phil Dobson provides a practical framework to help you improve your creative thinking, enhance your problem solving and get greater access to your naturally creative brain. You will discover how creativity follows a process that can be developed at every stage. You’ll learn how to challenge your assumptions and reframe problems. You’ll discover techniques to help you generate more ideas and think more laterally. You’ll even learn why you have ideas in the shower and how to access more creative brain states. The talk covers:
- Creativity as a process, and how to build the creative habit
- How questions help reframe problems and challenge your assumptions
- How to promote more lateral thinking using divergent thinking strategies
- Understanding convergent thinking
- The neuroscience of “A-ha moments” and how to access creative brain states
- The implications for improving creativity and problem solving
Phil Dobson is the author of The Brain Book‚ and Founder of BrainWorkshops. Based in London, Phil’s background is in psychology and hypnotherapy and he now works with businesses helping leaders improve their performance at work by applying what we know about the brain. In his spare time he loves to write and produces music. His guitar playing is influenced by the blues and his production style is influenced by electronic and dance music. He also loves to surf and does so wherever and whenever he can.
- The Brain Book: How to Think and Work Smarter. Phil Dobson 2016
The Coda Community