- Born 1914 Waterbury, Connecticut
- 1946 – Alta Bates Hospital, Berkeley
- Died 26 October 2000
Holstein–Lewis fracture (1963)
Simple spiral fracture of the humerus involving the distal 1/3 of the shaft with the distal bone fragment displaced and the proximal end deviated toward the radial side. Often associated with radial nerve paralysis.
- Holstein A. Concussion fractures and dislocations abord small craft. United States Naval Medical Bulletin 1945; 44: 790-792
- Holstein A, Lewis GM. Fractures of the humerus with radial-nerve paralysis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1963; 45: 1382-8 [Holstein–Lewis fracture]
- Somford MP, Wiegerinck JI, Hoornenborg D, van den Bekerom MP, Eygendaal D. Eponyms in elbow fracture surgery. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2015 Mar;24(3):369-75. [PMID 25595361]
- Hunter TB, Peltier LF, Lund PJ. Radiologic history exhibit. Musculoskeletal eponyms: who are those guys? RadioGraphics 2000; 20: 819-36.
the person behind the name