C. H. Joseph Chang (1929 – 2017) was a Korean-American radiologist
Remembered for his description of Chang sign in 1965; one of several described CXR signs of pulmonary embolus
- Born 7 July 1929 in Seoul, Korea
- Professor of Radiology at Kansas University
- Died 15 November 2017 in Mission Hills, Kansas
- Chang sign (1965) dilatation and abrupt change in caliber of the main pulmonary artery with pulmonary infarction secondary to pulmonary embolism
- Chang CH. The normal roentgenographic measurement of the right descending pulmonary artery in 1,085 cases. Am J Roentgenol Radium Ther Nucl Med. 1962; 87: 929-35.
- Chang CH. The normal roentgenographic measurement of the right descending pulmonary artery in 1,085 cases and its clinical application. Part II. Clinical application of the measurement of the right descending pulmonary artery in the radiological diagnosis of pulmonary hypertensions from various causes. Nagoya J med. Sci. 28: 67-80, 1965
- Chang CH, Davis WC. A Roentgen sign of Pulmonary Infarction. Clin Radiol. 1965; 16: 141-7.
- Chang CH. The Value of the Lateral Chest Roentgenogram in the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Venous Hypertension. Radiology. 1969 Jan;92(1):117-22.
the person behind the name