Charles Sumner Neer II (1917 – 2011) was an American Orthopedic Surgeon.
Eponymously affiliated with the Neer prosthesis and Neer classification of proximal humeral fractures
- Born 10 November 1917
- Died 28 February 2011
- Neer classification of proximal humeral fractures
- Neer prosthesis
- Neer CS 2nd. Displaced proximal humeral fractures. I. Classification and evaluation. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1970; 52(6): 1077-89.
- Neer CS 2nd. Articular replacement for the humeral head. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1955; 37-A(2): 215-28.
- Neer CS 2nd. Anterior acromioplasty for the chronic impingement syndrome in the shoulder: a preliminary report. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1972; 54(1): 41-50
- Brand RA, Bigliani LU. Biographical Sketch: Charles S. Neer, II, MD (1917–2011). Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011; 469(9): 2407–2408
- Bigliani LU. Charles Sumner Neer II. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2011; 20(4): 517
the person behind the name