David H Spodick (1927 – ) is an American Cardiologist.
Clinician, researcher, educator, and administrator in cardiovascular medicine for over 50 years.
Key areas of interest: noninvasive evaluation of the heart, including physical examination; diseases of the atria; diseases of the pericardium; and electrocardiography.
Eponymously affiliated with Spodick sign in pericarditis (1974)
- Born 1927.
- 1956 – Fellow in cardiology under Dr David Littmann
- 1976 – Chief of Cardiology at St. Vincent Hospital, Worcester
- Professor of Medicine, University of Massachusetts
- Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Saint Vincent Hospital-
- 1998 – Burger Award of the European Society of Noninvasive Cardiovascular Dynamics
- Spodick sign (1974)
- Spodick DH. Acute Pericarditis Grune & Stratton. 1959.
- Spodick DH. Diagnostic electrocardiographic sequences in acute pericarditis. Significance of PR segment and PR vector changes. Circulation. 1973 Sep;48(3):575-80.
- Spodick DH. Electrocardiogram in acute pericarditis. Distributions of morphologic and axial changes by stages. Am J Cardiol. 1974 Apr;33(4):470-4.
- Spodick DH. Differential characteristics of the electrocardiogram in early repolarization and acute pericarditis. N Engl J Med. 1976 Sep 2;295(10):523-6.
- Spodick DH. Randomize the first patient: scientific, ethical, and behavioral bases. Am J Cardiol. 1983 Mar 1;51(5):916-7.
- Spodick DH. Comprehensive electrocardiographic analysis of acute myocardial infarction by individual and combined waveforms. Am J Cardiol. 1988 Sep 1;62(7):465-7.
- Spodick DH. Flow-directed pulmonary artery catheterization. Moratorium vs clinical trial. Chest. 1989 Mar;95(3):489-90.
- Spodick DH, Raju P, Bishop RL, Rifkin RD. Operational definition of normal sinus heart rate. Am J Cardiol. 1992 May 1;69(14):1245-6
- Spodick DH. The Pericardium: A Comprehensive Textbook. CRC Press. 1996
- Spodick DH. Acute cardiac tamponade. N Engl J Med. 2003 Aug 14;349(7):684-90.
- Mehrzad R, Spodick DH. Interatrial block: a virtual pandemic requiring attention. Iran J Med Sci. 2014 Mar;39(2):84-93
- Saperia GM, Bishop RL. Profile in Cardiology. David H. Spodick. Clin Cardiol. 2004 Sep;27(9):533-4.
the person behind the name