- What is the actual eponymous medical sign/syndrome/repair/classification…
1952 – Margaret Dix and Charles Hallpike published a landmark paper in neuro-otology, looking at the three most common peripheral vertigo diseases: Meniere’s disease, vestibular neuritis and benign paroxysmal positional nystagmus.
They described a clinical bedside manoeuvre in detail, “Lagerungs Manoeuvre”, known now as the Dix-Hallpike test, to provide an immediate diagnosis of BPPV
- Lagerungs Manoeuvre
- Did they first describe or popularise or plagiarise?
- Bárány R. Die nervosen Storungen des Cochlear- und Vestibularapparates. In: Handbuch der Neurologie [Lewandowsky M (ed.)] 1910; I(IV): 919-958
- Dix MR, Hallpike CS. The pathology symptomatology and diagnosis of certain common disorders of the vestibular system. Proc R Soc Med. 1952; 45(6): 341-54
- Dix MR, Hallpike CS. The pathology, symptomatology and diagnosis of certain common disorders of the vestibular system. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 1952; 61(4): 987-1016.
the names behind the name