There are thousands of ECG resources out there to add to the LITFL ECG Library. These are the ones that we have found most useful. Start at the top and work your way down!
ECG Blog and Social Media Resources
Online ECG Resources
“ABC of Clinical Electrocardiography” Series (BMJ)
BASIC ECG Books
- The ECG Made Easy by John R Hampton The classic introductory text to ECG interpretation!
- The ECG In Practice by John R Hampton A great basic ECG text covering all the essentials.
- 150 ECG Problems by John R Hampton Test your knowledge with 150 assorted ECGs of varying difficulty.
ADVANCED ECG Books
- ECG’s for the Emergency Physician 1 by Amal Mattu and William Brady The best ECG book ever published! (except for maybe Part II…) 200 advanced ECG problems covering a wide range of Emergency Department topics, all backed up by great explanations and pearls of wisdom.
- ECGs for the Emergency Physician 2 by Amal Mattu and William Brady Another must-have book by the masters of Emergency ECG interpretation. 200 advanced ECG problems to test your mettle.
- ECG in Emergency Medicine and Acute Care by T Chan, W Brady, R Harrigan, J Ornato, P Rosen This is the recommended text for the FACEM and contains a huge amount of information on Emergency ECG interpretation presented in a logical and clinically relevant fashion.
- Advanced ECG: Boards and Beyond by Brendan P. Phibbs This is a more advanced text for those of you wishing to take your ECG interpretation to the next level.
ECG REFERENCE Texts
- Electrocardiography in Clinical Practice: Adult and Pediatric by Borys Surawicz and Timothy Knilans The bible of ECG interpretation.Dip into this weighty tome and you will find that it contains the answers to most questions you might have about the humble ECG.Not one to read from cover to cover though!
- Marriott’s Practical Electrocardiography by Galen S. Wagner Another comprehensive reference text on ECG interpretation.
LITFL Further Reading
- ECG Library Basics – Waves, Intervals, Segments and Clinical Interpretation
- ECG A to Z by diagnosis – ECG interpretation in clinical context
- ECG Exigency and Cardiovascular Curveball – ECG Clinical Cases
- 100 ECG Quiz – Self-assessment tool for examination practice