Esther Lillian Bloomberg (1907 – ) was an American technical chemist.
- Born 12 August 1907
- 1929 – BS, Simmons College
- 1931 – Technical chemist to the Department of Biochemical Research, Evans Memorial
- 1937 – Technical chemist to the Medical Service of the Massachusetts General Hospital and the Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School under Fuller Albright (1900-1969)
- 1938 – Married to Leo Gordon (15th May)
Albright-Butler-Bloomberg disease (1937)
Syndrome of X-linked, severe developmental anomolies, marked by short-limbed dwarfism affecting the lower extremities, first described by Albright, Butler and Bloomberg in 1937.
Onset usually takes place after 6 months with commonest features including costochondral beading, enlarged wrists and ankles, enamel hypoplasia, and delayed dentition. Associated disorders include waddling gait, protuberant abdomen and, less commonly, dolicocephaly and craniosynostosis.
Metabolic disturbance of hypophosphatemia, elevated serum alkaline phosphatase, diminished tubular reabsorption of phosphate (hyperphosphaturia) and diminished intestinal absorption of calcium. The condition is resistant to Vitamin-D therapy.
- McClure CW, Bloomberg EL, Huntsinger ME. Studies in Fat Metabolism — New Procedures for Quantitating the Organic Phosphorus in Small Amounts of Bile. N Engl J Med 1931; 204:1091-1094
- McClure CW, Bloomberg EL, Huntsinger ME. Studies in Fat Metabolism — New Procedure for the Isolation and Quantitation of the Total Fatty Acids in Small Amounts of Bile. N Engl J Med 1931; 204:764-770
- Albright F, Butler AM, Bloomberg E. Rickets resistant to vitamin D therapy. American Journal of Diseases of Children, 1937; 54(3): 529-547.
- Albright F, Sulkowithc HW, Bloomberg E. Hyperparathyroidism due to idiopathic hypertrophy (hyperplasia?) of parathyroid tissue. Arch Intern Med (Chic). 1938; 62(2): 199-215
- Burnett CH, Bloomberg EL. A comparison of the effects of ether and cyclopropane anesthesia on the renal function of man. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1949;96(4 Pt. 1):380-387.
- Esther L. Bloomberg. Semantic Scholar
- Hypophosphatemic rickets, X-linked dominant; XLHR. OMIM 307800
the person behind the name