James Frederick Brailsford (1888 – 1961) was an English radiologist.
- Born 8 July 1888
- 1923 – MB ChB, University of Birmingham; MRCS LRCP
- 1934 – elected first President of the British Association of Radiologists, of which he was founder. [Later the Faculty of Radiologists at the Royal College of Surgeons; and now the Royal College of Radiologists]
- 1935 – Member of the Royal College of Physicians MRCP
- 1941 – Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians FRCP
- Died 28 January 1961
Key Medical Attributions
- Brailsford JF. Chondro-osteo-dystrophy. Roentgenopgraphic & clinical features of a child with dislocation of vertebrae. American Journal of Surgery. 1929, 7: 404-410 [Morquio-Brailsford syndrome]
- Brailsford JF. Chondro-Osteo-Dystrophy. Roentgenographic and Clinical Features of a Child with Dislocation of Vertebræ British Journal of Radiology. 1931; 4(38): 83-89 [Morquio-Brailsford syndrome]
- Brailsford JF. Osteochondritis. The British Journal of Radiology, 1935; 8(86): 87–134
- Brailsford JF. The Radiology Of Bones And Joints. 1948 (4e)
- Brailsford JF. Osteochondritis of the adult tarsal navicular. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1939; 21: 111-120 [Brailsford syndrome]
- Brailsford JF. The Radiology of Gout. The British Journal of Radiology, 1959; 32(379): 472–478
- The British Journal of Radiology bibliography
- Biography: James Frederick Brailsford. Lives of the Fellows of the Royal College of Physicians of London. Munk’s Roll: Volume V.
- Grout JLA. James F. Brailsford, Ph.D., M.D., F.R.C.P., F.F.R.. British Journal of Radiology. 1961; 34(400): 269
- Kapadia HM, Banerjee AK, Arnott RG. The life and work of the Birmingham radiologist Dr James Brailsford (1888-1961). J Med Biogr. 2004; 12(3): 128-35.
- Beighton P, Beighton G. The Man Behind the Syndrome. Springer 1986: 20-21
- Cadogan M. Eponymythology of foot injuries. LITFL
the person behind the name