Ralph Douglas Kenneth Reye (1912-1977) was an Australian pathologist.
- Born April 5, 1912 Townsville, Queensland, Australia
- 1937 – MBBS, University of Sydney
- 1939-1977 Pathologist at the Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children (where he remained his entire working life)
- 1945 – MD, University of Sydney
- Died July 16, 1977 Sydney, Australia 2 days after his retirement
Reye Syndrome (1963)
Other medical eponyms
- Reyemona I – subdermal fibrous tumours in early childhood (Fibrous hamartoma of infancy FHI)
- Reye tumour – recurring digital fibrous tumor of childhood (Infantile digital fibromatosis)
- Histiocytic granulomatosis of infants: a comparison of certain ill-defined reticulo-endothelial hyperplasias, based on the study of four cases. Doctoral dissertation. University of Sydney 1945.
- Reye RD. A consideration of certain subdermal fibromatous tumours of infancy. J Pathol Bacteriol. 1956 Jul;72(1):149-54 [Fibrous hamartoma of infancy.]
- Reye RD, Morgan G, Baral J. Encephalopathy and fatty degeneration of the viscera. A Disease entity in childhood. Lancet. 1963 Oct 12;2(7311):749-52. [Reye syndrome]
- Reye RD. Recurring digital fibrous tumor of childhood. Arch Pathol. 1965 Sep;80:228-31.
- Heagney B, Storey GNB. Reye, Ralph Douglas Kenneth (1912–1977). Australian dictionary of Biography. 2002
- Mellor L. Reye, Ralph Douglas Kenneth. Faculty of Medicine Online Museum and Archive, University of Sydney. 2008
- Vinayak RS, Kumar S, Chandana S, Trivedi P. Fibrous hamartoma of infancy. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2011 Jan;2(1):25-7
the person behind the name