Robert Frank Hustead (1928 – 2008) was an American anesthesiologist.
Dr. Hustead was a researcher, inventor, and writer. He developed the Hustead epidural needle, the pediatric non-rebreathing pressure relieving (NRPR) respirator valve, and the pediatric resuscitation simulator. He was also a founding member of the Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology.
- Born 1928 Pueblo, Colorado
- MD, Yale University
- 1950 – President of the American Society of Anesthesiologists
- 1959-1961 Johns Hopkins departments of anesthesiology and OB/GYN
- 1961 – University of Kansas School of Medicine
- 1973 – Ophthalmic anesthesia Wichita, Kansas
- Founder and principal mentor of the Ophthalmic Anesthesia Society
- Died 2008
- Hustead epidural needle
Key Medical Attributions
- Fanning GL. Robert F. Hustead Memorial Lecture. Ophthalmic Anesthesia Society
the person behind the name