Ever needed a helping hand with suturing?
When, where, how…and with what?
Suture: Laceration Repair App is a fantastic, simple and effective app created by Tom Fadial, Emergency Physician and author of multiple awesome resources including the Fractures App, Nerve Block App, ECG Stampede and Gistalt.
The Suture App is designed to help with all things suturing… Maybe you can’t decide whether to give antibiotics, or remember how to perform a particular suture technique, or need assistance with the suture size or material required. Suture puts all this and much more into an easy to use interface on your phone for access on the go
Start with the location of the laceration, then select the more in detail features of the wound, pick a sublocation, depth and shape of the laceration. You can then select if there are any complicating features; for example, nail bed involvement, over a joint, high tension areas or tendon on show.
Suture then gives you a repair recommendation with instructions to print and give to the patient if required.
If you need a reminder on how to repair, you can view the technique, either by video or by reading the text in app. You can then even create a procedure note for the patient’s notes if required.
Suture is designed to be very easy to use and you can have a recommendation for a tricky wound in under a minute.
As well as the great ease of navigation and logical approach to providing just in time learning, Suture app also allows users to
- Generate Procedure Notes: generate a send you a customized procedure note based on the laceration details you enter.
- Video Walkthroughs: technique recommendations come with a description and detailed videos
- Review the Basics: such as common suture materials and local anaesthetic dosing.
Best of all, it’s #FOAMed and FREE
More Medical education resources by Tom Fadial
- ddxof: compilation of cases based on real patients, each inspiring an algorithm for the evaluation and management of their chief complaint or diagnosis
- Fractures App: free bedside app for fractures and splints
- ECG Stampede: curriculum for ECG interpretation and triage
- Gistalt: emergency medicine game where you decide ‘sick’ or ‘not-sick’.
- Nerve block app: free, bedside app for nerve blocks
- Suture app: free, bedside app for laceration repairs.
BM (medical education) MBBS Cardiff University / Prifysgol Caerdydd. Former Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust followed by a jaunt through the Southern Hemisphere...educating as I go