An easy-to-use, free, bedside app for fracture management
The Fractures App is yet another fantastic, simple and effective app created by Tom Fadial, Emergency Physician and author of multiple awesome app resources including the Nerve Block App, Suture: Laceration Repair, ECG Stampede and Gistalt.
The app is very easy to use, with multiple ways of rapidly finding the information you need.
To identify the bone involved you can use the body map guide to hone in on the injured area, select the bone that’s broken and find the fracture that you need help with. The handy A-Z list also allows you to search for the specific bone or fracture as well.
Once the injury has been identified, you can determine which splint or plaster to use and also learn how to apply it. The proximally placed warning boxes are particularly useful as a reminder for high-risk complications; to determine which patients require an emergent consult; and providing follow-up recommendations.
Best of all, it’s #FOAMed and FREE
More Medical education resources by Tom Fadial
- ddxof: compilation of cases based on real patients, each inspiring an algorithm for the evaluation and management of their chief complaint or diagnosis
- Fractures App: free bedside app for fractures and splints
- ECG Stampede: curriculum for ECG interpretation and triage
- Gistalt: emergency medicine game where you decide ‘sick’ or ‘not-sick’.
- Nerve block app: free, bedside app for nerve blocks
- Suture app: free, bedside app for laceration repairs.
BA MA (Oxon) MBChB (Edin) FACEM FFSEM. Associate Professor Curtin Medical School, Curtin University. Emergency physician, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Passion for rugby; medical history; medical education; and asynchronous learning #FOAMed evangelist. Co-founder and CTO of Life in the Fast lane | Eponyms | Books | Twitter |