The team at Medmastery are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website.
Transesophageal Echocardiography Essentials course with consultant cardiologist Andrew R. Houghton. By the end of the lesson, participants will have learned how to obtain the mid-esophageal 4-chamber view of the LV, and use it to assess LV function and look for RWMAs of the inferoseptal and anterolateral walls, and how to screen for LV thrombus/masses.
- How to use the Transesophageal Echo probe
- Overview of Transesophageal Echo views
- Mid-esophageal four-chamber view (left ventricle)
- Anatomy of the mitral valve
- Mid-esophageal long-axis view (aortic valve)
- Mid-esophageal left atrial appendage view
- Course: Transesophageal Echocardiography Essentials
Medmastery courses and workshops are fully CME accredited providing US (AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM) and European (ECMECs) CME credits. Members can download their CME certificates upon successful completion of activities. Register now for a free trial and check it out!