The team at Medmastery are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website.
Today, we explore the Transesophageal Echocardiography Essentials course with consultant cardiologist Andrew R. Houghton. By the end of the lesson, participants will have learned what the most commonly-used Transesophageal echo (TEE) views are.
- How to use the Transesophageal Echo probe
- Overview of Transesophageal Echo views
- Mid-esophageal four-chamber view (left ventricle)
- Anatomy of the mitral valve
- Mid-esophageal long-axis view (aortic valve)
- Mid-esophageal left atrial appendage view
- Course: Transesophageal Echocardiography Essentials
I’m enthusiastic about medical education and am a Deputy Director of Medical Education and Foundation Training Program Director in Lincolnshire. My passion is for non-invasive cardiac imaging, especially echocardiography; cardiovascular magnetic resonance; and helping others to understand the remarkable capabilities of modern imaging techniques.
Andrew R. Houghton, MD FRCP FESCCardiologist. Head of cardiac imaging at Grantham & District Hospital.
MedMastery courses and workshops are fully CME accredited providing US (AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM) and European (ECMECs) CME credits. Members can download their CME certificates upon successful completion of activities. Register now for a free trial and check it out!