Transesophageal Echocardiography Essentials course with consultant cardiologist Andrew R. Houghton. By the end of the lesson, participants will have learned how to obtain the mid-esophageal LAA view to assess the left atrial appendage, quantify emptying velocities, and look for thrombus/spontaneous contrast.
The team at Medmastery are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website.
- How to use the Transesophageal Echo probe
- Overview of Transesophageal Echo views
- Mid-esophageal four-chamber view (left ventricle)
- Anatomy of the mitral valve
- Mid-esophageal long-axis view (aortic valve)
- Mid-esophageal left atrial appendage view
- Course: Transesophageal Echocardiography Essentials
I’m enthusiastic about medical education and am a Deputy Director of Medical Education and Foundation Training Program Director in Lincolnshire. My passion is for non-invasive cardiac imaging, especially echocardiography; cardiovascular magnetic resonance; and helping others to understand the remarkable capabilities of modern imaging techniques.
Andrew R. Houghton, MD FRCP FESCCardiologist. Head of cardiac imaging at Grantham & District Hospital.
MedMastery courses and workshops are fully CME accredited providing US (AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM) and European (ECMECs) CME credits. Members can download their CME certificates upon successful completion of activities. Register now for a free trial and check it out!