The team at Medmastery are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website.
Today, we explore the Transesophageal Echocardiography Essentials course with consultant cardiologist Andrew R. Houghton. By the end of the lesson, participants will have learned how to assimilate the range of possible TEE probe manipulations in order to obtain the views that they need.
- How to use the Transesophageal Echo probe
- Overview of Transesophageal Echo views
- Mid-esophageal four-chamber view (left ventricle)
- Anatomy of the mitral valve
- Mid-esophageal long-axis view (aortic valve)
- Mid-esophageal left atrial appendage view
- Course: Transesophageal Echocardiography Essentials
I’m enthusiastic about medical education and am a Deputy Director of Medical Education and Foundation Training Program Director in Lincolnshire. My passion is for non-invasive cardiac imaging, especially echocardiography; cardiovascular magnetic resonance; and helping others to understand the remarkable capabilities of modern imaging techniques.