Muscle wasting in ICU: Fat, Feed and Futility – Hugh Montgomery
Muscle wasting in intensive care is the thief of future health. Hugh Montgomery shows us what a big issue this is and what can be done to mitigate the problem.
Hugh Montgomery (@hugh_montgomery) is a Professor and the Director of the Institute for Human Health and Performance at University College London. He obtained a 1st class degree in cardiorespiratory physiology and neuropharmacology before graduating from the Middlesex Hospital Medical School in 1987. He has since obtained specialist accreditation in Cardiology, General Internal Medicine and Intensive Care medicine, and practices as a Consultant Intensivist in North London in the UK. Hugh obtained his MD(Res) in 1997, is known for his pioneering genetic research, and has published over 450 peer reviewed papers, three in Nature. Hugh is also an author of children’s books, and most recently of the medical thriller ‘Control’.
- Professor Hugh Montgomery on Twitter; Speaker Profile; Amazon profile
- Mastering Intensive Care 049 with Hugh Montgomery
- SMACC 2019 – Is climate crisis a medical emergency?
- SMACC 2019 – Muscle wasting in ICU
- SMACC 2019 – What is Creativity?
- Book: Control by Hugh Montgomery (2019)
- Book: Cloudsailors by Hugh Montgomery (2005)
- Coda is a community tackling the most urgent healthcare challenges, that need action, now.
- The first event will be in Melbourne 28.10.19 – 02.10.19
- Join us