Harvey Williams Cushing (1869 – 1939) was an American neurosurgeon.
Harvey Cushing is recognised as the founder of neurosurgery as a surgical specialty.
- Born 8 April 1869 Cleveland, Ohio descended from a long line of Cushing doctors
- 1887-1891 Yale College
- 1891-1895 Harvard Medical School
- 1896 Surgical assistant to William Stewart Halsted, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Died 7 October 1939
Key Medical Attributions
- Harvey Cushing: A Journey Through His Life. February 2006. Historical Library, Cushing Whitney/Medical Library
- Bliss M. Harvey Cushing: A Life in Surgery. Oxford University Press
the person behind the name