The team at Medmastery are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be posting videos from their Abdominal Ultrasound Essentials course.
In this video, Nikolaus Mayr explains the process of pancreatic ultrasound and shows you what to look for.
- Ultrasound of the appendix: Diagnosing appendicitis
- Liver Ultrasound
- Liver Ultrasound: Detecting focal malignant lesions
- Biliary system: Evaluation the gallbladder and cholecystitis
- Pancreas Ultrasound
- Pancreas: Diagnosing pancreatitis
- Spleen: Evaluation of the spleen in trauma
- Renal Ultrasound
- Renal ultrasound: Hydronephrosis
- Course: Abdominal Ultrasound Essentials
“I initially set out to study informatics and analytical math, my career path took a turn while working in a radiology department sorting films. My newly discovered fascination with medicine—specifically radiology—eventually led me to the Barmherzige Bruder Hospital where I am currently the chief radiology resident and where my passion for medicine and teaching continues to grow.“