The team at Medmastery fresh from a second Comenius Award from the Society for Pedagogy, Information and Media (GPI) are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website.
First we take a dive into the Abdominal Ultrasound Essentials course and review strategies to ultrasound the appendix and help identify appendicitis with the help of ultrasound imaging.
- Ultrasound of the pancreas: Diagnosing pancreatitis
- Ultrasound of the biliary system: Evaluation the gallbladder and cholecystitis
- Ultrasound of the liver: Detecting focal malignant lesions
- Ultrasound of the spleen: Evaluation of the spleen in trauma
- Course: Abdominal Ultrasound Essentials
I initially set out to study informatics and analytical math, my career path took a turn while working in a radiology department sorting films. My newly discovered fascination with medicine – specifically radiology – eventually led me to the Barmherzige Bruder Hospital where I am currently the chief radiology resident and where my passion for medicine and teaching continues to grow.