The team at Medmastery fresh from a second Comenius Award from the Society for Pedagogy, Information and Media (GPI) are providing LITFL readers with a series of FOAMed courses from across their website.
First we take a dive into the Abdominal Ultrasound Essentials course and review strategies to ultrasound the appendix and help identify appendicitis with the help of ultrasound imaging.
- Ultrasound of the appendix: Diagnosing appendicitis
- Liver Ultrasound
- Liver Ultrasound: Detecting focal malignant lesions
- Biliary system: Evaluation the gallbladder and cholecystitis
- Pancreas Ultrasound
- Pancreas: Diagnosing pancreatitis
- Spleen: Evaluation of the spleen in trauma
- Renal Ultrasound
- Renal ultrasound: Hydronephrosis
- Course: Abdominal Ultrasound Essentials
“I initially set out to study informatics and analytical math, my career path took a turn while working in a radiology department sorting films. My newly discovered fascination with medicine—specifically radiology—eventually led me to the Barmherzige Bruder Hospital where I am currently the chief radiology resident and where my passion for medicine and teaching continues to grow.“