Robbert Jan de Winter (1958 – ) is a Dutch professor of cardiology.
Eponymously associated with de Winter T waves (2008), which describes an ECG sign of proximal left anterior descending artery occlusion.
He is a professor of clinical cardiology, with a special interest in acute coronary syndromes. Currently, he has published over 460 journal articles (11 000+ citations) on the pathophysiology, diagnoses, and treatment of coronary artery disease, with over 20 years of involvement in clinical trials.
- Born 23 August 1958
- 1980 – Biophysics degree, University of Leiden, The Netherlands
- 1987 – MSc in Biophysics, University of Leiden, The Netherlands
- 1988 – Medical Degree, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 1988-90 – General internal medicine training, Spaarne Hospital, Haarlem, The Netherlands
- 1990-94 – Clinical cardiology training, Academic Medical Centre (AMC), Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 1992 – Research fellow in laboratory and experimental internal medicine, AMC
- 1995 – Fellowship in interventional cardiology, AMC
- 1997 – PhD, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Doctoral Thesis: “Biochemical and inflammatory markers of acute myocardial ischemia”.
- 2002 – Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- 2009-present – Professor in clinical cardiology (acute coronary syndromes), Faculty of Medicine of the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Editorial board, Netherlands Heart Journal and ESC Journal of Acute Cardiac Care
- de Winter T Waves (2008)
- de Winter RJ, Verouden NJ, Wellens HJ, Wilde AA A new ECG sign of proximal LAD occlusion. N Engl J Med. 2008 Nov 6;359(19):2071-3. [PMID 18987380]
- de Winter RJ, Windhausen F, Cornel JH, Dunselman PH, Janus CL, Bendermacher PE et al. Invasive versus Conservative Treatment in Unstable Coronary Syndromes (ICTUS) Investigators. Early invasive versus selectively invasive management for acute coronary syndromes. N Engl J Med. 2005 Sep 15;353(11):1095-104. [PMID: 16162880].
- Sjauw KD, Engström AE, Vis MM, van der Schaaf RJ, Baan J Jr, Koch KT, de Winter RJ et al. A systematic review and meta-analysis of intra-aortic balloon pump therapy in ST-elevation myocardial infarction: should we change the guidelines? Eur Heart J. 2009 Feb;30(4):459-68. [PMID: 19168529]
- Fox KA, Clayton TC, Damman P, Pocock SJ, de Winter RJ, Tijssen JG et al. FIR Collaboration. Long-term outcome of a routine versus selective invasive strategy in patients with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome a meta-analysis of individual patient data. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010 Jun 1;55(22):2435-45. [PMID: 20359842]
- de Winter RJ, Koster RW, Sturk A, Sanders GT. Value of myoglobin, troponin T, and CK-MBmass in ruling out an acute myocardial infarction in the emergency room. Circulation. 1995 Dec 15;92(12):3401-7. [PMID: 8521560]
- European Cardiovascular Research Institute. Rob de Winter. 2017.
- University of Amsterdam. Dr RJ de Winter. 2008 Sep.
the person behind the name