An understanding of anatomy is an essential component of emergency medicine and critical care – but is often very poorly taught (or poorly learned!).
Andy Neill of Emergency Medicine Ireland has done an amazing job of creating a series of Anatomy For Emergency Medicine Podcasts and Visual Resources on Vimeo and iTunes. No point in re-inventing the wheel, so here we collate this audiovisual Gold.
Anatomy For Emergency Medicine Resources
- Anatomy of the Hand: Lingo and soft tissues; The Finger tip; The fingers; Extensor tendons; Flexor tendons; Nerve supply; Intrinsic muscles; Blood supply; and the Thumb
- Hand and Wrist Injuries: Colles Fracture; Scaphoid Fractures; and Scapholunate injuries
- Anatomy of the Shoulder: The Rotator Cuff; Subacromial space and labrum; AC and SC Joint; Dislocations; and Nerve Compressions
- Ankle and Foot Injuries: Ankle injuries; Lisfranc Injuries; and Sensory Innervation of the Foot
- Neuroanatomy: CSF circulation; Cerebral Venous Sinuses; Brain Herniation; Internal Capsule; Anterior and Middle Cerebral Arteries; Posterior Cerebral Artery; Posterior Communicating Artery; circle of Willis; and Cavernous sinus
- Anatomy of the Cervical spine and Spinal cord: Cervical Spine; Vertebral Artery; Spinal Cord Injury; Anterior cord syndrome, Vertebral column; Central cord syndrome, Cauda equina; Brown-Sequard syndrome; and Horner Syndrome
- Sensory Innervation of the Face: Trigeminal nerve; Mental nerve; Infraorbital Nerve; Inferior Alveolar Nerve; and The Ear
- Anatomy of the Eye: Bits of the eye; Bony bits; and Bits that move…
- Practical Clinical Anatomy: Cricothyroidotomy; The LMA as a murder weapon; Fascia Iliaca Block; and the SMA Syndrome
- Clinical Anatomy of Trauma: Chest Trauma; and Abdomen and Pelvic Trauma
in Clinical Context
BA MA (Oxon) MBChB (Edin) FACEM FFSEM. Associate Professor Curtin Medical School, Curtin University. Emergency physician, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Passion for rugby; medical history; medical education; and asynchronous learning #FOAMed evangelist. Co-founder and CTO of Life in the Fast lane | Eponyms | Books | Twitter |