Hakaru Hashimoto 橋本 策 (1881 – 1934) was a Japanese medical practitioner.
The logo of the Japan Thyroid Association consists of the portrait of Dr.Hashimoto in honour of accomplishments (1958)
- Born 5 May 1881 Midai, Japan
- 1907 – Kyushu University medical school
- Joined family practice
- Died 9 January 1934
- Hashimoto Thyroiditis (1912)
- Hashimoto H. Zur Kenntnis der lymphomatösen Veränderung der Schilddrüse (Struma lymphomatosa). Archiv für klinische Chirurgie. 1912;97:219-248.
Key Medical Attributions
- Sawin CT. The heritage of Dr. Hakaru Hashimoto (1881-1934). Endocrine Journal. 2002;49:399-403.
the person behind the name
Associate Professor Curtin Medical School, Curtin University. Emergency physician MA (Oxon) MBChB (Edin) FACEM FFSEM Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Passion for rugby; medical history; medical education; and asynchronous learning #FOAMed evangelist. Co-founder and CTO of Life in the Fast lane | Eponyms | Books | Twitter |